This week, CNNMoney is running a series of articles about China. I was interviewed on the topic of China's growing middle class. It is a good thing that mainstream media has started to pay more attention to China.
Among the series, an article "US Companies Betting Big in China" showcased some of the most successful US companies in China:
- Apple's sales in China reached $12 billion in 2011
- KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco bell opened 656 new restaurants in China last year alone
- Boeing predicts China's aircraft market will generate $200 billion revenue
While multinationals have made significant inroads to China, small and medium sized companies face entry barriers due to lack of resources. To address this problem, I will launch seminars later this year to help small and medium sized companies to take advantage of China's growing market. Stay tune!
- Has China a viable middle class? – The debate (chinaherald.net)
- CNNMoney launches international homepage to go after global audiences (thenextweb.com)