Telecom Trend International estimated revenue from all forms of m-commerce will grow from $6.86 billion in 2003 to $554.37 billion by 2008. According to Forrester Research, the success of mobile service providers depends on the following factors:
- Customers: targeted group of customers and focus on customers’ needs
- Brand Name: close relationship with customers through CRM and reliable 24/7 infrastructure
- Pricing Model: competitive price model
- Market space: create value-added services through vertical, horizontal, or cross product differentiation
- Win-Win: partnerships and alliances
Understanding the market and commercial trends helps me find a right solution for the people I am trying to serve. Thinking about my project, the most important things coming to mind are: 1) understand the needs; 2) behavior of individual mobile user.