I will be speaking at Authors’ Series in Saratoga Library on Wednesday, September 7, 2011.
The event will start at 10 am and be held at Community Room in Saratoga Library. Please join me if you can.
Here is more information about The Chinese Dream:
In The Chinese Dream, a groundbreaking book about the rising middle class in China, Forbes columnist, consultant, and China expert Helen Wang challenges us to recognize that some of our fears about China are grossly misplaced. As a result of China’s new capitalist paradigm, a burgeoning middle class-calculated to reach 800 million within the next fifteen years-is jumping aboard the consumerism train and riding it for all it’s worth-a reality that may provide the answer to America’s economic woes. And with China’s increasing urbanization and top-down governmental approach, it now faces increasing energy, environmental, and health problems-problems that the U.S. can help solve. Through timely interviews, personal stories, and a historical perspective, China-born Wang takes us into the world of the Chinese entrepreneurial middle class to show how a growing global mindset and the realization of unity in diversity may ultimately provide the way to creating a saner, safer world for all.
- Deconstructs the myths about China as a superpower and global manufacturing power
- Takes us into the world of the driven middle class and shows how the not-so-private sector operates
- Provides a historical perspective on China and examines the possibility of democracy in China’s future
- Shows how a mindset that embraces the idea of unity in diversity could help solve China and America’s growing energy, health, and environmental problems
Also, please watch the book trailer on the left. I look forward to seeing you on Sept. 7!
- Saratoga Book Sale August 27-28, 2011 (saratogavoice.com)