The Helen Wang Group is seeking a program manager to help launch The Secret of Succeeding in China (SSC) program, an innovative and one-of-a-kind program that helps U.S. companies crack the China market. Reporting directly to Helen Wang, the program manager will be responsible for all parts of the operations, including planning, launching, marketing, and running the program. You will have opportunities to interact with industry leaders and learn many leadership skills. The person must be passionate about U.S.-China related business and want to make a difference in this area. This position has potential to grow into Executive Director or Marketing Director roles.
- Plan, launch and run the seminar series including managing all the logistics
- Research business cases and help develop the workbook for the program
- Develop online marketing campaigns and social media campaigns
- Manage and update program website
- Communicate with the guest speakers, seminar attendees, and sponsors
- Strong project management skills with attention to details
- Experience of planning and managing events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and quick learner
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of WordPress is a plus
- Ability to take leadership role as well as follow instructions
- MBA is a plus but not required
This position is based in Silicon Valley, California. If interested, please send an introductory email to info@TheHelenWang.com.
About the Employer
Helen H. Wang is an award-winning author, consultant, and expert on China’s middle class. Originally from China, Wang has lived in the United States for more than twenty years. After finishing her master’s degree at Stanford University, she worked in Silicon Valley, holding a variety of jobs, from consultant to Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneur at Internet start-ups. A Forbes columnist and a sought-after speaker, Wang now divides her time between consulting for companies doing business in China and helping non-profit organizations make a difference. Please see the detailed information here.